[DeTomaso] Clutch Master Cylinder (CMC) - replacement question

Phil pvperry at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 20 13:50:04 EDT 2008

All,

I've replaced my ailing CMC with a Wilkinson unit (Part number 50002B  - the
one for effort reduction set ups) but the hydraulic line fitting doesn't
seem to want to thread properly. It acts like the fitting on the line is too
small to fully thread into the new CMC. No matter how I line it up I can't
get it to fully thread (I can easily pull it right out of the CMC. This line
and fitting are original to the car so I believe it to be the factory size,
arrangement, etc.

No threads on either the CMC or the Hydraulic line fitting appear to be
damaged.

Does anybody know what the stock Hydraulic line fitting size is?

Does anybody know what the Wilkinson CMC unit fitting size is or how to
determine this?

If it turns out to be a size difference - what is the best way to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated (last item before being able to put
the Pantera on the road this Spring)

Thanks,

Phil

74L - #5924