[DeTomaso] Help! I need a seat belt!

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Apr 20 13:49:30 EDT 2008

It looks to me as if the meta parts at the end of my seat belts are identical, so the only thing I'm not sure about is whether the retractor mechanism is the same and interchangeable on either side.

My ends have a square hole near the end, then a keyhole-shaped hole into which the shoulder belt fits.  Is that the configuration of yours?  Are you sure the belt and retractors aren't interchangeable?

As far as the "painted" one goes, if the driver's and passenger's sides are different, I'll probably hold out for a driver's side one that is better looking, since I've been working hard to get the car cosmetically nice.

Thanks for your reply and please confirm that the two sides are, in fact, not the same.

Thanks!

Chris