[DeTomaso] Digital Tach Recommendation and BBORR

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 20 01:16:43 EDT 2008

   Digital anything except a speedometer is just kid stuff and bling because you have to READ it.  Turn or mark your
tach and other instruments if you have to.  You should just have to glance at it at most.  Same thing with the bright white face guages at night...just shine a flashlight in your face.  Anyway...
   Big Bend is less than a week away.  We only have 4 cars running this time because it SO FAR AWAY.  My car is still
in pieces but after several weeks of long hours in the garage I think it will be ready.  I got bunches of help from Will
Kooiman, Kirby Schrader and SOBill.  I had to fight several mechanical and electrical gremlins.  Still need to tune the
injection.  It's running a little rich but I'd rather run at speed like that than too lean and burn valves.  It should be
putting out a good 130hp now, so I can move up to 105!
   I also decided to paint the car today.  Started sanding and stripping today and should have it sprayed tomorrow.
It's all about style anyway, right?
Michael
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa...Gary Bartley, Will Kooiman, Steve Hawkins, Michael Frazier.  :)