[DeTomaso] '70 Muscle Car Mustangs

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Apr 19 11:45:40 EDT 2008

Mike is correct.  Aside from (in my opinion) the bad-ass wicked fast
appearance, they don't handle real well  in autocross type competition
or high end street use.  They are much better suited to straight line.
However, with that said, the true Mach I and Boss cars did have more
handling do-dad add-ons, the primary of which was staggered rear shocks
and an anti-sway bar on across the rear axle, which in my opinion much
improves the handling of the car.  Again however, as Mike points out,
it's big, it's heavy, is prone to body roll, etc.  And with that said,
I've never had a problem on dry pavement, even in high speed cornering,
but not as high speed as the Pantera, which you definitely need if
following Maj, Drew through the small mountain roads near his home.  :)

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA