[DeTomaso] Ebay seat belts

Ian H ihannington286720mi at comcast.net
Fri Apr 18 07:51:15 EDT 2008

I bought a set but haven't got around to installing them yet.  I was hoping
the spools would fit inside the rear covers on the firewall of my 74L, but
they are too big.  I need to modify them to work.   Also I gave away the
covers that go on the door sill, so I need a new set of those.

As far a quality goes, they look fine to me.  They appear to be the same as
the Jeep CJ/ ToyotaFJ belts that other Pantera owners have used.

I have a set from Pantera East and don't like them because the spool in in
the rocker  and the shoulder point is fixed so you cant move your upper
body.  The one on ebay have the spool on the floor at the shoulder side,
which allows you full movement while you're driving.  Just like any modern
car.

Hope that helps,

Ian