[DeTomaso] Ammeter question

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Fri Apr 18 00:10:17 EDT 2008

With the long trek to Vegas just over a week away, I noticed something for which I need some advice.

Normally, when I drive my car, the ammeter registers charging with the needle to the right.  This goes on for a few minutes until the battery is recharged back to the pre-starting level, then the needle returns to only slightly right of center.

Today, though, the needle stayed pretty far to the right during a 10 minute drive.  Could this mean my battery is not charging properly?  The alternator is new.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Chris