[DeTomaso] Wiring Diagrams

msm at portata.com msm at portata.com
Thu Apr 17 13:27:53 EDT 2008

Yes, it is negatively grounded.  The wire from the battery's negative
terminal goes straight to the ground lug next to the battery.

The wiring and the fuse assignments changed during the Ford year
(1971-74).  SOBill's diagrams are mostly based on the later wiring
scheme.  What year to you have?

Also, just to make it interesting, the factory did not always build to
spec (ie they used whatever wire colors they had on hand that day.)
Furthermore, prior owners may have mucked around with the wiring.