[DeTomaso] doctor...diagnosis please

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Apr 17 00:23:37 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/16/08 11 24 13, rimov at charter.net writes:

> I second the exhaust/headers leak. Have your headers milled by a competent
> machine shop and use a good quality copper or mulit layer aluminum gasket
> from Percys http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&
> part=PHP%2D66052&N=700+115&autoview=sku.

FWIW, I tried using copper gaskets from Summit on my 427, and they were
complete crap.   They failed to seal properly and I had tons of exhaust leaks.   To
their credit, they took them back and gave me a 100% refund.   Conventional
fiber header gaskets (Mr. Gasket, or Fel-Pro, I can't remember) did the job
just fine.