[DeTomaso] Attainable 70's muscle cars

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Apr 15 13:39:31 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/15/08 10 32 22, michael at michaelshortt.com writes:

> I think many people think or have read in various places that Panteras were
> imported from 1971, 1972, and 1973 and that all 1974's are really left over
> 1973 models and therefore don't count them as a sep year model.
>
> I'd be curious to hear from M Drew and/or Chuck about any cars that were
> actually built in 1974 and imported later in 1974 that wasn't made from left
> over parts or perhaps the myth is true, I personally have no idea which is
> correct.
>

>>>Panteras were indeed built well into the 1974 calendar year.   Some
California-market GTS Panteras were actually 1973 models, sold new in 1974, whereas
the other 49 states got 1974 model year GTS Panteras.

What's odd is that 1974 L-models were able to be sold in California; Barry
Appelbaum in San Diego is the original owner of his '74L and he got it rather
late in the year; he had to wait quite awhile for delivery to his dealer.