[DeTomaso] Inner Door Insulation placement on the door skin plus inner door

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Apr 13 20:51:32 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/13/08 17 48 5, claywillmott at hotmail.com writes:

> I am going to install extreme B Quiet on my inner door after the power door
> locks are complete.
> Has anyone used this material or have other suggestion for placing it inside
> the door panel on the door skin itself.
> I was told this greatly reduces noise and especially when shutting the door
> even if only a 1 to 1.5 sqaure foot is used on the door skin.  Of course I
> will place it under the door panel afterwards under the panel as well.
>
>>>You should insulate the inside of the door skin if it isn't already
insulated.   Most Panteras received a bunch of goop that was sprayed on the inside
of the door; adding anything on top of that will be pretty much useless.   If
you have smooth, bare metal, then Dynamat will work well there.

> Any input would be greatly appreciated.  I have no insulation currently to
> my surpirse as I took the doors apart.
>
>>>It's good to put Dynamat all over the frame of the door, but don't waste
your time insulating the fiberglass interior panel....

Mike (whose Pantera doors thunk closed like a new Mercedes....)