[DeTomaso] re Ceramic coat v's wrap

Colin Bradshaw Colin.Bradshaw2 at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 12 13:06:13 EDT 2008

Ok Gentlemen I'll be your test mule.....having just prepared my engine ready to put back into the car I have decided to wrap my ceramic headers....They are all ready and done.

In the past I wrapped 9 year old standard mild steel headers that were already past their best and for sure it finished them off primarily because of the water saturation from our wonderful British rain.

I am hoping to keep the engine bay and luggage stow as cool as is possible and more importantly increase the exhaust gas velocity to make sure my engine breathes well on track days and fast motoring.

I'll report back if it's a disaster and be chasing young Mike Drew for some more Mindtrain headers...  :>)

Colin Bradshaw UK