[DeTomaso] Notes, warnings, cautions about fuel tank ventreplacement?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Apr 11 11:59:12 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/10/08 12:08:10 PM, wkooiman at earthlink.net writes:

> I believe I have the same part - through Hall Pantera. It has the rollover
> valve, plus a nipple for a fuel tank vent.
>
> Yup. Same one I (coincidently) installed   the week before Saxton rolled his
GR-4 clone at the track when an axle broke and gas came trickling out, way
back in the '90s. Someone told me the Hall valve is actually a stock Ford part,
but its so cheap and fits so well, its hardly worthwhile researching to
cross-reference. It works and is easy to install. I found the 3 rivets simple to
drill out without all the agonizing about techniques from some Listers, and the
holes were already tapped for metric threads. I recommend it- works as well as
the factory units (post-Ford cars had one as-stock and it will retrofit) but
Hall's is about 2% of the price. Only drawback is the stock Pantera vent hose is
far too large in inside dia to fit the new valve's nipple, and one bolt is
difficult to access, being under the nipple, so a new smaller hose will be
needed; hardly a deal-breaker. FWIW- J DeRyke