[DeTomaso] ceramic coat vs. wrap

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Fri Apr 11 11:08:12 EDT 2008

I have coated headers inside and out on the Pantera, the engine bay temps
are lower than any stock Pantera I've seen despite my highly modified
engine, still look fairly new and easy to clean.

I used wrapped headers on the race cars for years and aside from looking
like an old 10 speed handlebar, they get dirty easy and are impossible to
clean.  The only reason we used them on the race cars was because we were
constantly changing plugs, checking the color, etc. and got tired of burning
our hands.

MY position is that unless you are going to be accessing the plugs over and
over and over, forget the tape, it's not as nice looking at all and the real
benefit won't be realized and yes they will still rust inside the tape..
Coated is the way to go.  I have never see both done, it sounds like a good
way to put a long woolen WW2 army jacket on a Playboy Bunny.

Michael in Savannah

--
Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia
michael at michaelshortt.com
912-232-9390

privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you
have received this message in error, then delete it. Thank you