[DeTomaso] gauge/switch cover wanted

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Thu Apr 10 00:17:12 EDT 2008

Tip the gauge over on a flat surface.

You will find a gap in the back side of the bezel.

Starting at the gap, use a small screwdriver (small, but bigger  than a
jeweler's screw driver) to lift the back edge of the bezel  and bend it slighty
away from the gauge body. Move a small distance around  the perimeter repeating
the lift/bend process. Work your way  around the gauge for two or three
complete revolutions. The bezel can now  be easily removed from the gauge.

To reinstall the bezel, start the process on a flat surface  and use a larger
screwdriver to push the back of the bezel toward  the gauge body and down.
Work your way for a couple of revolutions. The bezel  will now be attached to
the gauge body, but will not yet be  tight.

To tighten the bezel, get a rigid piece of material (I use a 2  inch by 3
inch piece of 1/4 inch thick hard plastic) to protect the front of the  bezel and
prevent breaking the gas. Use a small pair of slip joint pliers  to grip the
back of the bezel and the rigid material. Using the slip joint  pliers, bend
the back of the bezel down against the lip of the gauge body. Work  your way
around in small steps for a full revolution.

I have used this procedure on several gauges and have never (yet!)  broken
the glass nor marred the front of the bezel.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 4/9/2008 8:36:17 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,