[DeTomaso] How About Vegas Covention in March?

Art Stephens artstephens at charter.net
Sun Apr 6 01:40:02 EDT 2008

     Thank you all for your responses.  I checked with the National Weather
Service and as Bob Reid said,  last year at the Saturday car display the
temp was 97 which was a record for that day.  In fact it was 15 degrees
hotter than the average of 82 degrees for that day.  It appears that in the
spring and fall,  temperatures change by about 2-3 degrees per week.  So,
if we did the third weekend in April as opposed to the first weekend in May,
the average temp would be 78 or 79 as opposed to 83.  But I would not want
to risk losing any of our organizers due to tax business/convention schedule
conflicts.  I consider myself very lucky that there are people that are
willing to do the hard work that it takes to put on our great convention for
the enjoyment of us all.  Looking at the other end of the year,  We would
not see cooler weather until the middle of October.  The third weekend in
October would be about the same temp as the third weekend in April,  about
78 degrees.

Art