[DeTomaso] front spoiler

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Apr 4 21:31:53 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/4/08 17 56 18, RKMosier at aol.com writes:

> I have a 72 Pre L.  Just curious did any of these come with a front
> spoiler?
> Is there a front spoiler that can go on it?

The factory developed a very simple blade front spoiler that was used on the
Gr4 cars in 1972, and was also fitted to Gr3 cars; it was an over-the-counter
option for the European market street cars as well.   Dennis Quella has
reproduced them, either with or without brake cooling ducts.

In about 1975, De Tomaso conjured up a miniature air dam, which then became
standard fitment on the Euro GTS cars.   Most of the vendors carry them, and
some offer them with or without brake cooling ducts.   That's what I've got on
my car--love it!