[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 45, Issue 3-RPM's

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri Apr 4 00:16:48 EDT 2008

Just finished driving my Shelby Clone with a dart block 331
The motor is supposed to run at 7500 rpm all day long
I have a 6000 pill in it now and it is way too low for me...
bounced off the rev limiter quick after two test drives....
Ordered the 6800 pill which is what I will be running same
as the Pantera.... We have several Norcal Shelby members
who track regularly..... the ones that stay below 7000 rpm
seem to have little problems if they replace the springs once
a year.... the ones pushing 7200 plus are breaking springs,
dropping or sticking valves and always rebuilding...We do have
one guy who is pretty quick that never breaks 6000 rpm and has
been running the same motor for five years!!!!

See you in Vegas to shake the 331 down in the old clone

Oh yea also have a new gforce straight gear tranny that will
make things fun once I get use to it

Bob Benson...(leaving the trailer queen Pantera at  home)