[DeTomaso] How About Vegas Covention in March?

P6746 at aol.com P6746 at aol.com
Wed Apr 2 21:37:08 EDT 2008

Hopefully most of  you will remember that we did an extensive survey on the
Fun Rally in 2005 both  in Vegas with those in attendance, and with a follow up
insertion in the  Newsletter.  There were 152  responses from the Rally and
99 mail-ins.  As far as the timing of the event is concerned, the overwhelming
majority  preferred late April early May, with late September early October as
the number  two choice, March was far down on the list.
It just so happened  that the last two Saturday’s for the car show on the
roof of the parking lot  were record high temperatures for the date, however many
will remember temps in  the 50’s with rain and high winds as well.  I prefer
hot and dry to cold and wet.
Picking a date is  not a whimsical thing, but takes a great deal of
coordination with PCNC and  their track plans, availability of convention space,
etc.,etc.
While I’m not  opposed to a March event, those of us in the accounting game,
Karpinski, Detrich  and I for instance, would have to forgo it due to work
schedules.
Bob  Reid