[DeTomaso] To stroke or not to stroke

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 2 15:40:05 EDT 2008

Thank MD.I'm also getting tired of plowing $ into engines that only last a few thousand miles.
Of course I can always go with the higher cost of having a guy like Russ do the motor but then if something breaks it's even worse.
I have a line on a .30 2 bolt block that my pistons, crank etc will slide right into, with some 2bbl heads and new stainless valves, new cam & lifters, for about $2k from an old timer named Vern in Oregon.
Or I do the stroker with the top engine shop in SD for $5k plus heads.
On a different note, I''m going to Willow tomorrow to run some test laps in The Beast.

Dan

Dan F. Courtney

Excalibur Commercial Real Estate Services
La Jolla, CA

Phone (858) 551-5455
Fax (858) 551-5456