[DeTomaso] Auction Cancelled

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 2 14:09:59 EDT 2008

And I received the following in response to my request for more info.
I may have received an e-mail from the "seller", but it was gone by the time
I checked my account.

=     =     =    =     =

Our records show that you recently received an email from yupsterboutique
through the Ask Seller a Question or Contact eBay Member features. This
email may be fraudulent and an attempt to do one of the following:

- Obtain your eBay password
- Gain access to your eBay account
- Use your eBay account for fraudulent activity
- Set up an outside-of-eBay transaction which may be fraudulent

This kind of email is often called a "phish" or "phishing attempt," and the
people who send them are known as "phishers." Phishers use these methods to
try to get your personal information, such as user names, passwords and
credit card details. Because the emails may sometimes come through the eBay
system, the phisher may seem to be trustworthy and have a good reason to
contact you.

***Important - Protect Your Personal Information***
- Don't reply to the sender either through the eBay system or your personal
email account.

- Don't open any links or cut and paste any Web addresses into your browser
from the phishing email.

- If you think you may have entered personal information such as your
password, Social Security Number, or credit card information into a website
based on a request from a phishing email, you need to act *immediately* to
protect yourself from identity theft. For detailed instructions about the
steps to take, please go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/problems-identity-theft.html

and it goes on and on ...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Michael in Savannah

We're writing to let you know that the listing for the following item you
bid on has been removed:
130210706856 - Replica/Kit Makes
We removed the listing and canceled your bid because it appears that the
seller's account was used by someone without the seller's permission. The
seller's trading privileges might be temporarily suspended while we
investigate. Because of privacy concerns, we can't share more details.
We canceled this listing to protect you and the member whose account was
used without permission. Here are immediate steps you can take while we
investigate:
***If You Have Already Paid***
If you have already paid for this item but haven't received it, you need to
act quickly to get your money back.
- If you paid with PayPal (always the recommended way to pay on eBay), your
purchase is covered up to $200 at no additional cost. Most transactions are
covered up to $2,000 by PayPal Buyer Protection.
If the payment hasn't been claimed, you can cancel your PayPal payment by
following these steps:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Under the "My Account" tab, click the "History" link.
3. Click "Cancel" in the Action column of the payment you want to cancel.
4. Click "Cancel Payment."
If the payment has been claimed, open a dispute by following these steps:
1. Log in to your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com/.
2. Under the "My Account" tab, click the "Resolution Center" link.
3. Click the "Report a Problem" link.
4. Select "Item Dispute" and click the "Continue" button. Follow the
directions to open a dispute and take the next steps to make the dispute a
claim.
PayPal claims need to be filed within 45 days of the close of the listing.
It can take 30 days or more to complete the investigation and close the
dispute.
- If you paid by check, contact your bank to stop payment. You'll probably
be asked for the check number, payee, and check amount.
- If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company to stop
payment. You can usually find the phone number on the back of the credit
card.
- If you paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact them directly (Western
Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400).
If you didn't pay with PayPal and you haven't received your item, report the
problem to us:
1. Click the "Security Center" link at the bottom of most eBay pages.
2. Click the "Report a Problem" button on the right side of the page.
3. Select the "Item Not Received" option, and click the "Report Problem"
button. Follow the instructions to complete the report.
The report needs to be filed between 10 and 60 days after the day you bought
the item.
Our goal is to lead the way in online safety so you can buy confidently.
It's rare that something goes wrong with a transaction on eBay. Whenever
these events occur, we do our best to resolve the issue. You can help us
keep eBay safe by following the safety tips below.
***Don't Complete This Purchase***
If the seller or someone claiming to be the seller contacts you to send
money for this sale, don't do it.
***More Safety Tips***
- Never pay for eBay items with Western Union or MoneyGram -- Sellers on
eBay aren't allowed to request payments by instant cash transfers. If
something goes wrong with the transaction, the buyer can't confirm who
picked up the cash.
- Protect your identity online -- Don't click links in emails that ask you
for personal information. eBay never asks you for your account numbers,
passwords, or other personal information through email.
- Take advantage of payment protection -- You get extra security when you
use PayPal for your eBay purchases. Most eBay transaction are covered up to
$2,000 by the Buyer Protection Program. To learn more, please go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/paypal-protection.html
- Get more security information -- Visit the eBay Security and Resolution
Center:
http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/index.html
Our members tell us that these pages answer most of their security
questions. If you need more help, you can click the "Customer Support" link
in the Support section of that page. You can also click "Help" at the top of
every eBay page and then click the "Contact Us" link.
Thank you for your understanding. We appreciate your help in keeping the
eBay Community a safe and fun place to trade.
Sincerely,
eBay Trust & Safety

--
Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia
michael at michaelshortt.com
912-232-9390

privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you
have received this message in error, then delete it. Thank you