[DeTomaso] looking for carburator

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Wed Apr 2 11:45:08 EDT 2008

Actually Bill, you're right if we're talking about most of the 71-74 351CJ
engines. Nothing fits the bore pattern of the original Ford manifolds on
these except the 4300D spreadbore Motorcraft carb. the bolt pattern is the
common Holley one, but the bores don't line up at all.

Asa Jay might be refering to the earlier (1970 type) 351C manifold that had
a bore pattern that was almost (but not quite) square. I think you can use a
Holley or several other choices including Edelbrock on those. It seems some
early 1971 Panteras did get engines with the early manifold on them.

The only way I know that you could use a square bore carb on the 71-74 Ford
spreadbore manifold would be a very contorted transition adapter that would
cost airflow and probably upset distribution too.

Barry

SOBill  Taylor wrote:

I guess I'm wrong about that.
Could be Edelbrock has a carb to fit the OEM Ford  manifolds.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com

Home.