[DeTomaso] How About Vegas Covention in March?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Apr 1 15:04:58 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/1/08 9 46 34, artstephens at charter.net writes:

>      Almost every time I go to Vegas for the convention,  it is hotter than
> blazes!  Is there a good reason we don't do it when it is a little cooler?
> Average high temp there is 70 in March,  78 in April and 88 in May.  Would we
> have to pay more to go during the cooler months?  For those that are
> wondering,  September average high is 94,  October is 81 and November is 66.  The
> only downside I can see,  is that some folks who drive there,  might have to
> deal with snow or more snow depending on where they are coming from.  I love
> the convention and I am grateful to those that put it on.  Its just that when I
> am there,  I'm usually sweating like a damn pig with a broke down Pantera
> :-))).   So,  what say you folks?
>

>>>You hit the nail on the head.   The current date is about the earliest we
can have it and have some assurence that people will be able to drive there
from the four corners of the nation--which people do.   Even in April, people
encounter rain, snow, etc. in some places.

By Las Vegas standards it's really not all that hot in April either; in fact
there have been several years where it has been downright freezing!