[DeTomaso] LED Lights for Gages

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Apr 1 01:23:03 EDT 2008

In a message dated 3/31/08 15 50 59, NSakulen at aol.com writes:

> In a quest to see the gages better at night, is there anyone on the list
> using LED Lights in their gages and were they brighter?  What lights did
> you
> use?  I looked in the archives and only found exterior lights.

It's very easy to get more lights out of the stock gauges (speedo and tach).
 They come stock with 2w or 3w bulbs; 5w bulbs are available that fit into
the same bulb holder.   You don't want the gauges to be any brighter than that,
because then they are so bright they interfere with your night vision.

On a Pantera, it is a challenge to change the bulbs with the instruments in
place; I just did this for a guy last week because my little girly hands could
get all kinds of places that his big meathooks couldn't.   Even then, it took
about 15 minutes and some creativity to get it done.

The smaller gauges seem to have adequate light with the standard bulbs.