[DeTomaso] window installation, 1974 L

F&D Terry gt5s at bcpl.net
Sun Sep 30 07:49:24 EDT 2007

Being over 30 years old, an original gasket is probably no longer
pliable and has also taken a set to its present location. The odds on
reinstalling the gasket to its former location are slim and none. Trying
to do so will result in a poor seal and the gasket will most likely
leak. A new and pliable gasket requires no silicone to seal. The
stainless molding must be installed prior to replacing the glass, but
any competent glass shop will know this. It is a shame that the cost of
a gasket is so high but that is the cost of doing the job properly. Been
there done that many times.

Fred T.