[DeTomaso] window installation, 1974 L

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Sep 30 01:17:26 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/29/07 11:15:03 AM, wkooiman at earthlink.net writes:

> What about the stainless trim on the reinstall?  Don't they need to install
> the trim in the rubber gasket, and then install the glass, gasket, and trim
> all at once? My understanding was that once the window and gasket is
> installed, it is very difficult to insert the stainless trim.
>
> That's a question, not a statement.

When I R & R-ed my windshield, I couldn't get the trim back in properly,
regardless of whether glass was in or not. Then I thought about it and decided
that if I wanted blacked-out trim (which I did), it was silly to black out steel
trim, then struggle to mount it on a black gasket....From 5 ft away, you
cannot see the difference. So the trim's been sitting in my shop since 1991. FWIW-
J DeRyke