[DeTomaso] Upright Rebuilt.. but what the?

6d9gt500 at comcast.net 6d9gt500 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 29 16:50:49 EDT 2007

Thanks.. I don't know about Mangled is a word I would use..but I get your point. Here is my set up
and it seems more stout than factory. Sent ya some pics

From: MikeLDrew at aol.com

In a message dated 9/29/07 13 17 22, 6d9gt500 at comcast.net writes:

Had one of my up-rights ( rear hub ) rebuilt by Larry out in Reno. Got it today and he must have swapped it out with a core. This one has a tapered upper ball joint hole.

>>>That is the way Panteras are made.

My ball joint bolts are much
larger than factory an will not fit.

>>>Uh-oh.

>Should I have the upright now machined to fit the bolt?? Think
I will call Larry on Monday to discuss. Thoughts? This Pantera wrech turning is new to me !!

>>>Somebody has mangled your car, probably to make cheap ball joints fit.  As such, the factory ball joints will no longer work.

Now, Larry has your old hub carrier that nobody else in the world can use.  What you need to do is tell him that your car has been modified, and have him rebuild YOUR carrier and send it to you, and you return the one he sent you.

Also, I'd try to figure out what kind of ball joints your car has???