[DeTomaso] Compression ratio question

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 19:57:53 EDT 2007

Ohhhhhhh, Let me add to the pain Art ;-]>
  Do NOT even think about driving  that new engine hard without ensuring your fuel/air/timing is all optimized.

  MD, who remembers washing down the cylinders in 2006 with too much carb/fuel! ;-]

MikeLDrew at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 9/27/07 10 06 0, musclebyrussell at hotmail.com writes:

> Message-----You guys on here almost make me laugh. One way to check for
> high RPM detonation is to LOOK at your spark plugs , And if there are little
> black specks on the porcelin then the engine is DETONATING!!

Or, you can wait a bit longer and do what Art did--remove the spark plugs and
look in the hole--if you can look through a hole in your piston, your engine
*was* detonating! :>)

Mike

See what's new at
http://www.aol.com