[DeTomaso] headlight housing question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Sep 27 19:25:37 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/26/07 13 12 41, msm at portata.com writes:

> I have a lot of little things that I thought were stock on my early 71, but
> it turns out previous owners had changed such as extra gussets under the
> front trunk,
>
>>>That is 'stock'.   That is, your car was one of the cars that was recalled
and extensively modified by Ford by welding in gussets all over the place,
prior to it being sold for the first time.

> >dipstick on the ZF,
>
>>>That was also a stock feature of some Panteras fitted with dash-1
gearboxes; as the setup is a direct bolt-in, even if your car has a Dash-2, it's
probable that it was simply swapped over for the standard drain plug when the
gearbox was changed (your car came with a dash-1 originally).