[DeTomaso] headlight housing question

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Sep 25 18:26:43 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/25/07 2:33:13 PM, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> Does anyone know if I can get the light bulb lenses for my early '72 at a
> local auto parts store?

In the '70s when the Pantera was being imported, sealed-beam headlights were
all that the U.S DOT would allow. Now however with HID and others around as
OEM, such aftermarket lights are in every hardware store. You'll have to remove
what you have & look for a brand name as none were stock. Failing that, use a
whole new conversion, or go back to stock-with-halogen bulbs. FWIW, the stock
wiring was barely adequate for the stock sealed beams so when a higher
amperage conversion is added, either a Mosely-type relay panel or some other like
arrangement is needed to get the most benefit & keep the weak stock headlight
switch in one piece. Good luck- J DeRyke