[DeTomaso] headlight housing question

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Tue Sep 25 17:30:29 EDT 2007

Does anyone know if I can get the light bulb lenses for my early '72 at a
local auto parts store?  Is there a cross-reference part number to another,
more common car's lenses I can use?

When trouble-shooting a high beam that wouldn't work (turns out it was a
wire that became disconnected at the fuse box) I took out both headlights
and found the previous owner had over-tightened the headlight mounting ring
and cracked both glass housings.  I hadn't noticed it before.  The halogen
bulbs are fine, but I'd like to replace the glass lens/housing on both
sides.

I can continue to use what I have, but I don't like having cracks in my
headlights.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Chris #2813