[DeTomaso] Compression Ratio

Art Stephens artstephens at charter.net
Sat Sep 22 14:55:33 EDT 2007

     Okay,  after hearing from a bunch of people,  this is what I am thinking;  I go with the CHI 3V aluminum heads with the 74cc 4V chambers.  It looks like these heads coupled with SCAT's 408 stroker kit including flat top pistons should give me 10.01:1 CR.  It may be a little on the conservative side but I do have other things to do besides swapping engines and other things I can spend that money on :-)).  Anybody out there running this combo?  I'm guessing most of the guys running the CHI's have the smaller chambers and more than 10:1 CR?

Art