[DeTomaso] Compression Ratio Question

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Sat Sep 22 04:48:59 EDT 2007

Ken wrote...

> While the static compression will drop if the valves stay open longer, I
> don't think that
implies the same happens at high RPM when VE may exceed 1 on a well designed
engine.
If high RPM detonation is the problem (which I think Art suspected for his
engine) you
may be stuffing over 100% of the cylinder volume into the engine.
>  Does anyone know if there are easy ways to detect high RPM detonation?
Seems like it would be a lot harder to detect than the obvious low RPM
"ping".
>  Ken

This is about the trick with high rpm cams, they move the max Tq to a higher
rpm.
Moost of the time it will outpreform the Tq of a "everyday" cam. Dan should
know
what high rpm detonation looks like, but it is hard to hear and destructive.
Goran