[DeTomaso] GTS Stock Oil capacity and dipstick length.

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Fri Sep 21 22:13:54 EDT 2007

More info:

The tube length is 24 3/4 from the point it inserts to the block, to
the point where the dipstick goes in.  The ford parts book says it
should be 18 1/4".  I don't think we are six inches off (but I could
be wrong).

Does anyone know if the Hall stainless tube was meant to be "cut to length?"

For now, we are going to drain the pan (it -is- a stock pan, I got
under and gave it the once over), then refill with five quarts and
probably start hacking the tube off.

Any more thoughts?
Asa Jay

Quoting asajay at asajay.com: