[DeTomaso] Dyno Update

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 13:43:42 EDT 2007

A quick update.  My dyno guy is onboard with the plan and is giving me a
very good rate ($250/day) on the dyno, as well as good prices on the flow
bench and porting.  He wants to do a set of Aussie 2V's to compare to the
U.S. 4V's.  I have a second short block that can be used, if need be, and
I'm considering pulling out the 351C from my white Pantera so we can
baseline a completely stock 351C-4V and go from there.  We're figuring at
least 4 days on the dyno, more if we do a couple of stroker motors (one
hydraulic roller and one solid roller) that may be available.

If anyone has some spare headgaskets to donate to the cause, they are
needed.  I'll purchase a couple sets of the good $100/set Victor-Reinz
for the final builds but I don't want to waste them on swapping heads
for back-to-back tests.

In addition to the Autolite inlines, we have a Bud Moore Maxiplenum
to test and a high port Weber intake.  With Larry's 4V Webers and my
IR EFI, we could do an EFI versus Webers versus 4 barrel carb test.
Possibly a couple more rare intakes, too.

The response has been great on this guys.  I've got a couple of dozen
posts and email mesages to respond but won't be able to get to them
until later this weekend.  Have a great weekend.

Dan Jones