[DeTomaso] RENO AIR RACES -NPC

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Thu Sep 20 13:24:57 EDT 2007

I think it's the term "Unlimited", 4000+ HP. Actually they have a class I
think they call "Super Sport" with a 1000 ci limitation but no limits on
anything else fuel or otherwise. These guys flying mostly Lancairs doing
over 390mph; at least one guy was. It will be interesting to see how that
develops.

I saw several guys I have always read about which was pretty neat. Saw
Steve Hinton on the ramp, Bob Hoover at the motel, a couple Astronauts and
a few others. A neat place to be a fly on the wall.

Would have loved to seen some of the shows in years past. Almost got to go
to one of the pylons for the gold race but some stuff changed at the last
minute.