[DeTomaso] Possible club/list/forum 351C dyno

Phil Lockett montecarlo296 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 08:38:44 EDT 2007

Forgive me if this isn't what we're trying to acheive, but the variables here could be huge. If we only had 3 types of header, 3 inlets, 3 sets of heads, 3 ignition systems, 3 carbs and 3 filter arrangements we'd have 729 permutations!

  I think before we started it would be best to prescribe some goals - for example, are we trying to get max hp? streetability? torque?

  One carb is going to perform differently with every change of the other bits - we all know that some carbs perform better than others at low states of tune and vice-versa. We would therefore need some system of iteration for each part.

  Maybe $'s versus hp increase would be a good place to start?

  Phil (Yes, I know i've got a BMW engine)

Bigger,louder, faster, better.