[DeTomaso] NW Pantera Guys Rear Wheel Bearing Tool for rent..??

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Sep 17 12:43:19 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/16/07 4:24:08 PM, 6d9gt500 at comcast.net writes:

> Thought I had a bad u-joint until I noticed the inner axle flange on the
> passenger's side wobbling and loose as a goose. Anyone want to lend me that
> tool to pop this appart?

Three 'tools' are needed: a 3/4"-drive spanner-socket and a 0-600-ft-lbs
torque wrench to remove & re-torque the spanner nut, and a hydraulic press to push
the defective axle out of the removed carrier. Wobbles in this area are very
seldom bad bearings; almost always, the cause is a badly worn rear stub axle.
New properly sized stub axles are available from all the vendors, or there are
some people around who can weld- repair your damaged axle. FWIW- J DeRyke