[DeTomaso] Equipment suppliers, recommendations please

Gray Gregory rgg at gregorycook.com
Sun Sep 16 22:39:06 EDT 2007

AJ,

Most of the vendors offer a 5 point harness kit for the Pantera, so I
guess I would just start with your favorite and go from there. The big
differences in the kits I've seen are the way the new shoulder harness
belts are mounted. Most use a bar the attaches to the stock shoulder
belt mounting points; where as Dennis Quella's kit uses an eye bolt
through the firewall.

For the helmet and all the other gear I like www.saferacer.com but there
are lots of other online sources. Before you buy a helmet though I would
try and find a way to try several on to see which brand and size works
best on your head. If this isn't possible in your area just follow the
sizing instructions on the web site and if it doesn't feel good when you
get it don't hesitate to send it back!

Clothing safe racer will have everything you need. When I ran SS I don't
think nomex was required in the slower classes, so how much clothing you
need will depend on what speed class you decide to run.

The rest of the stuff on your list should be easily obtained from the
Pantera vendors and your local auto parts store, except for the tires;
for those you're on your own.

Good luck,

Gray