[DeTomaso] Help Charging AC

JJD1010 at aol.com JJD1010 at aol.com
Sun Sep 16 13:02:34 EDT 2007

I just installed a new AC compressor, compressor oil, and drier. I have been
running R134a.

I know where to attach the hoses from the gauges but haven't a clue what to
do next?

To which hose do I attach the vacuum pump?
What valves need to be turned on or off on the gauges?

How long do I leave it running?
What should the gauges be telling me?

Then what do I do next?

Do I have to turn any of the gauge valves on or off?
Do I have the car running with the AC on when it is being filled?

How many cans of R134a are usually needed?
How do I know when it is full?
Do the gauges tell me anything at this stage?

Anything thing else I need to know?

Thanks, I don't know what I used to do before the list! (Yes I do, and it
just cost money.)

Jeff
6559