[DeTomaso] Mangusta weatherstripping

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Sep 15 19:23:29 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/15/07 14 08 3, dyogi at hawaii.rr.com writes:

> Anyone know a source for Mangusta Door upper weather stripping?  I tried
> NAPA and they couldn't match it.  JC Whitney didn't have anything that
> looked close.

It's the same as that used on early Panteras.   I purchased some from Steve
Wilkinson on behalf of Steve Liebenow.

It's spendy stuff.   The stuff that goes on the door itself, which has a
90-degree corner at the top back edge, was something like $75 each side.

You can also get it from ReOriginals, the outfit in Houston that specializes
in nothing but reproducing old European car trim and weatherstripping
materials (www.reoriginals.com).   They are awfully proud of what they have; they show
a list price of $195, although hopefully that's for both doors.