[DeTomaso] What is Anti-seize anyway?

Nolan Scheid Nolan at mortarsprayer.com
Sat Sep 15 16:12:05 EDT 2007

Hey Charlie,
The real anti-seize is great stuff. here is an odd application for it. Back in the day when I had
much more grease under my nails and less cash in my pocket, I noticed that some silver anti-seize on
an exhaust manifold was staying about the same. That gave me the idea of coating a whole exhaust
manifold. Think cheap ceramic coating.
:)

When we started the test car up, we were very happy that it was outside. It made a very large amount
of foul smelling smoke for several minutes. The result after the 'curing process' was a nice silver
coated exhaust manifold. It was not as nice as ceramic coating but did hold up better than the high
temp spray paints on the market. It also cost less.

Take care,
Nolan