[DeTomaso] GTS

www.ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 13 13:40:53 EDT 2007

>>>I got the data from Bill Milburn (but unfortunately I've lost it
somewhere).

>>>The key is the Body Service Number (BSN).
  The US GTS had a discrete BSN which started with a "3"
instead of a "5".   The BSN range he had went from something like 30002 to
30147 or something like that, and there was a very close correlation between
BSN
sequence and VIN sequence.

<><><>Yes, I have been tracking the BSN, which is as you describe.
I've sadly found a LOT of cars (GTS and others) with the BSN gone.

>>>More than close-looking--they are the same.   Strictly speaking there is
no "GT5" emblem.   The GT5 and GT5-S were varients on the GTS theme, and all

three cars got the same GTS badge.   It's part 22019A, GTS-GT5 Emblem 1 1/4"
x 3
3/8".

<><><>Hmmm.  I'll have to find the photos I have of a GT5 emblem, which
exists, and differs from the GTS.  The GTS has slightly rounded S corners,
while the GT5 has sharp corners (on the 5).

Chuck

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
11:45 AM