[DeTomaso] Pushbutton

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Sep 13 10:39:06 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/13/07 7 00 21, JJD1010 at aol.com writes:

> OK, thanks for the input. We have a local member who just bought the Mark
> Edwards pushbutton, 1089.
>
>>>That's the black one, right?   Fascinating car!   I love the 'feature' of
having two headlight switches!   My guess is that one of them raises and
lowers the buckets and the other turns the lamps on--right?

> It has Euro gauges, single slot wheels, etc. Couple of
> questions for you all:
>
> 1.  He has the euro GTS5 3block taillights from the 80's.
>
>>>You mean the Gr4 lights.   Euro GT5-S cars came with the Euro lights,
which were the same as the US cars except that the turn signal portion was amber.

> He'd like to make
> it look stock. Would the car originally have had the early euro taillights
> with
> the long red, long yellow, and 2 square lights? And where would he get them?
>
>>>Fortunately the only difference between those and the stock US lights is
the lens.   Brand new lenses are readily available from the Pantera vendors,
and stock turn signal buckets are a dime a dozen.   And his existing taillights
are worth $400 in good shape, $500 in excellent shape.   So he has PLENTY of
headroom to do some quality swapping.   I would think just about any Pantera
vendor would be happy to make a straight trade.

> 2.  What size tires would it have come with?

185/70-15 front and 225/70-15 rear.

> >3.  What color carpet did those cars come with? It has new gray carpet
> that
> really doesn't look stock.
>
>>>The original carpet was a silver/gray color.   I looked high and low
trying to find a modern carpet that matches it, and really wasn't all that
successful.   I went with a charcoal, which by the time it got into the car, looks
black. :<(