[DeTomaso] Pushbutton

GW gow2 at rc-tech.net
Wed Sep 12 22:47:12 EDT 2007

It went to France first. The first one imported to USA was 1286. It was
reported this one was set aside and finished latter thus a 1972. I will
dig out the full VIN latter. It's actual VIN as a USA car is #1280. No
other numbers.The original number is on the brake box though.

There are a few things on this car that don't follow. This one has the
ridge on the decklid, latch for the decklid in both the rear and the
door jamb. Few other things a little different. Even has cloth seats
which apparently came from the factory.

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars/panttransam/1280/seats.jpg
http://www.rc-tech.net/cars/panttransam/1280/1280a.jpg
http://www.rc-tech.net/cars/panttransam/1280/1280c.jpg

It was imported around 1985 and is stock except for valve cover and
aircleaner removed. It is pretty rough but solid.

I got it stored till I finish the restoration on #1905. #1905 is
extremely modified and 1280 will be 99% stock.
http://www.rc-tech.net/cars/panttransam/1280/stored.jpg

1905:
http://www.rc-tech.net/cars/panttransam/1905/fit/wheel.jpg

Gary