[DeTomaso] Engine cuts off and cooling

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Sep 12 10:11:41 EDT 2007

Your engine may actually be overheating.

Where is your temperature sender?  Block or tank?  If in the swirl tank,
if the fluid level gets below the sender, it will not read properly.
Same thing in the block.  Check your coolant level.  As for dying, if
the engine is overheated, it takes more power to keep it running, you
may be boiling gas out the carb into the intake or out the air cleaner.
I'd be concerned.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie