[DeTomaso] KEY IGNITION PROBLEM - NEED ONE TODAY OR NLT MONDAY

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 20:47:15 EDT 2007

Mad Dog Antenucci <teampantera at yahoo.com> wrote:    New problem - iTS sUNDAY night and  I need to fix this tomorrow if I am gonna leave Tuesday AM.

  I started the engine after changing oil and filters. The engine turned right over but when I  turn the key OFF the starter keeps turning....the engine stops but the starter keeps running until I hit the 'kill switch'.

  I crawled under the Pantera, checked to make sure the starter and cable were ok, no wire or cable problem there and looked back at the ignition and key assembly under the dash

   I could see that the key and tumbler had pushed inside the chrome ignition housing about 1/8" of an inch and it looks and FEELS like the internal SPRING that pulls the key BACK on cranking has broke inside.

  Has anyone had this problem in the past?  Extra ignition and key you want to sell?

  Does anyone know IF Bobby and Donny are open MONDAY at Precision Pro-Formance??
  I know Hall and Wilkinson are closed. If you have an extra ignition and key and you are near by I'll be glad to buy it and pick it up. As I mentioned I gotta be on the road Tuesday AM.

  Thanks guys

  Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com