[DeTomaso] push-button front hood latch

www.ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 7 15:01:46 EDT 2007

I've been asked about the front hood latch (the receiver).  It seems that
the post "push-button" cars
have a support the early cars do not have.  I've taken some photos of my "L"
for comparison.

Can someone with a non-push button but still a 1971 car take a few photos of
the front hood latch?

I've been specifically asked about the support brackets that go from the
latch (diagonally) down to the firewall.

Seems the pushbutton in question has a problem with the latch flexing.  Is
this a known/previously experienced push-button issue?

Drew?  DeRyke? anyone?

Chuck

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
4:40 PM