[DeTomaso] Lost Keys

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Thu Sep 6 15:40:06 EDT 2007

Phil,

You are in deep....

I have some key blanks from one of the Lincoln Mercury Dealership auctions that I went to. I have what I believe to be ignition, and also the door keys.  As Drew related, they are Capri and Fiat respectively. I also have the key cutter tool and dies to properly cut them.

The PROBLEM, is that unless you have the key, you typically cannot remove the tumbler assy to make a new key..... it's catch-22 all around!

If you had the tumbler out, then a key could be made, whether it is the door or ignition.

The only other method is via "code".  Your car originally may have had some numbers related to a code in a book that then tells you how to set above tools to make an original key.....

Without a code, or a key, I would be tearing my house apart....or garage....  Check under the seats first before tearing too much up!  :)

Good luck!
Steve