[DeTomaso] Armando Pan - 8 quarts or 10

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 6 09:16:30 EDT 2007

I run 8 quarts in my "10 qt pan".  I used to see drops in oil pressure
during hard acceleration or long sweeping turns (at moderate speeds).  I
don't see the oil pressure drop anymore.

The instructions to add extra oil were to deal with the limitations of the
stock pan.  Now that you have a good pan, you should be able to get by with
8qts.

I'm sure someone has filled the pan with it off the engine to see where 8qts
and 10qts reach.  Of course, that all changes once the engine is running and
you start driving around.  Personally, I'm happy running 8 qts since I don't
see the oil pressure gauge drop anymore.

Will.