[DeTomaso] Another Pantera in town (St. Louis, MO)

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 11:22:16 EDT 2007

> I rented the same U-Haul to move from San Antonio to Houston.  I rented 3
> times. Twice I got the V-10.  Once I got a 460.  The 460 got better mileage.
> I don't remember the exact mileage, but 8mpg versus 14mpg sounds about
> right.

It looks like Ford is getting ready to replace/augment the mod motors.
They've got a larger bore center, larger displacement engine under
development slated for the trucks.

> The 460 version was the one that is based on an F350 with space above the
> cab.  The V-10's were based on a van.

This one was based upon a van but also had space above the cab.

> I don't remember it being that much, though. I seem to recall the one-way
> rate being closer to $300 each trip.  It's been 4-5 years, though, and my
> memory tends to drift towards the number I want to remember.

My total for truck, trailer and insurance (forgot to call my agent to see
if I was insured before I left so I opted for coverage) was just over $500.
Round trip would have been another grand because they use the in-town mileage
rate.

Dan Jones